A quick search on Google and Facebook will yield thousands of recipes that people have tested and shared while using the Instant Pot Duo. Everybody is talking about it and nearly everyone you know has an Instant Pot.
You may decide you need one too but you're not sure how this machine works. So we reviewed one of the best-selling Instant Pot models, the Instant Pot Duo Plus 60 to help you decide if this product is right for you.
What is Instant Pot Duo Plus 60?
Instant Pot Duo Plus 60 is a modern take on the old stove top pressure cooker. It's a multi-function electric pressure cooker that's garnered a massive loyal following. Think of a slow cooker, except it has a bunch of other functions. It's a powerful slow cooker that can be used as a slow cooker, a pressure cooker or a yogurt maker and to sauté food and keep food warm.
Instant Pot Duo Plus 60 Benefits
- It can cook food much faster than the traditional way, 70% faster than usual.
- It has different programmable functions to meet your cooking needs.
- It's this plug and play machine that can replace your other kitchen appliances.
- It has a stainless steel insert pot rather than other metals.
- Comes with multiple button and setting, allowing you to pasteurize milk and sterilize bottles or utensils as needed.
- It can preserve nutrients and cook tasty food.
- The screen is larger and easier to read.
- It eliminates harmful microorganisms in foods.
- Low or high-pressure cooking
- Can function as a slow cooker, rice cooker or yogurt maker
- Comes with food grade 304 stainless steel, 3-ply bottom inner pot and steam rack with handles.
- Delay start timer for planning ahead.
- UL certified with 10 proven safety mechanisms
- It includes accessories such as steam rack, recipe booklet, serving spoon, soup spoon and measuring cup.
- Easy to clean
- Made in USA
- Excellent customer support
- Energy efficient
- Functions can be overwhelming
- Smelly rubber sealing gasket
- Some food may stick inside the pot
- You must secure the lid to avoid leakage.
How To Use
Here's the standard way to use the Instant Pot Duo Plus;
- Place inner pot into the machine.
- Place the ingredients in the inner pot.
- Put at least 2 cups of water or liquid. This is the required amount to pressure cook.
- Make sure the sealing ring is in place.
- Close and lock lid then turn the valve to sealing.
- Select one of the smart programs. One press of each Smart Program defaults to "Normal". Press once more for "More" or press again for "Less".
- Either use the built-in cooking times or use -/+ signs to adjust to desired time. You can adjust to your desired pressure level.
- For the Sound Settings, press "-" button for 4 seconds to turn off sound. The icon on the screen indicates the chosen sound setting. Press "+" button for 4 seconds to turn sound back on.
- After programming, the machine will beep 3 times and indicate "ON".
- When the machine is at pressure, the silver button will be raised flush with the lid. The machine will then beep 1 time and start to count down time selected.
- You can change the time or pressure level at any time throughout the cooking process. When the time has lapsed, the machine will beep 10 times.
- To release pressure, wait for NPR (Natural Pressure Release) or you can do quick release or manual release. Just turn the valve to Venting as soon as the cooking time has lapsed. Another option is combining the NPR and quick release, allowing the pressure to release naturally for a certain amount of time.
- When pressure has released, carefully open the lid away from you.
ConclusionDefinitely, Instant Pot Duo Plus 60 is worth buying and can be a great addition to your kitchen if you are looking for a multi-functional electric pressure cooker that will satisfy all your cooking demands. Lots of features, you get some good accessories, meals cook fast, excellent safety features and you've got all the settings you need to operate the machine easily. If you aren't still convinced, search around on Amazon and check customer reviews.